If you’ve recently purchased an item from Camping World, you may be wondering what their return policy is.
Some common questions that come up with returns are:
- Does it matter how long ago you purchased?
- Do you need the original receipt for returns?
In this article we’ll answer these questions and more when talking about returning items to Camping World!
What is Camping World’s Return Policy in 2022?
Camping World’s return policy in 2022 requires items to be unused, unopened, and in the original packaging in order for them to accept the return. Return must be within 90 days of purchase and presented with the original receipt, with the exception of electronics, which must be returned within 30 days with receipt.
The rest of this article will give you all you need to know about Camping World’s return policy, including what items you can return, how long you have to return them, and how you can get your return processed.
Do You Have to Pay For Returns?
The customer is responsible for shipping costs when returning an item by mail unless the item is clothing or footwear, in which case Camping World refunds you for the shipping costs.
How Long Do You Have to Return Items To Camping World?
You have 90 days after the date of purchase to return any item in unused, unopened condition. If your item is electronic, then you have 30 days to return it.
Non-refundable items are:
- special orders or custom purchases
- clearance items
Can You Return Items Without a Receipt?
Refunding an item without a receipt is up to the store’s discretion. Camping World reserves the right to refuse to refund an item, even if it’s unused and in unopened packaging. Returning electronics requires an original receipt.
If you return an item without the original receipt, you will receive store credit for the item’s lowest price in the past 90 days. You are required to present a valid form of photo ID such as your driver’s license or state ID card. Check here for more information on the Camping World price match policy.
How Can You Return Items to Camping World?
You can return an item to Camping World by mail or in person.
Returning an Item by Mail
The following steps are required to return an item by mail:
- Call Camping World customer service at 1-866-450-4739 to begin the return process
- Camping World requires you to use an Exchange/Return form and indicate the reason for returning your item(s). If you plan on exchanging, you must fill out the information for the item you wish to receive in exchange for the returned item.
- When boxing the item, include the Exchange/Return form along with the original receipt and the item in its original unused, unopened condition. Items won’t be accepted without original packaging.
- Use the return shipping label included on the Exchange/Return Form. You are required to pay the return shipping costs, except for clothing or footwear, in which case Camping World will refund you for the shipping costs.
- It takes about 10 – 15 days to fully process a return. The return will either be refunded fully, including tax, to the debit or credit card used to make the purchase or exchanged if indicated on the form.
Returning an Item to a Camping World Retail Center
You can return online or catalog purchases at any Camping World or Gander Outdoors SuperCenter throughout the country. Take the item and the receipt to the store, where they’ll process your return.
Your refund will be either in-store credit, an exchange, or a refund to the original debit or credit card used when making the purchase.
Any shipping costs you paid for online or catalog purchases when buying the item are non-refundable.
Are There Any Restrictions to Returning Items?
Generators, special orders/custom purchases, clearance items, and installations are non-refundable.
- Generators: if defective, contact the manufacturer about filing a claim under the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Special orders and custom purchases cannot be returned or exchanged unless the item has a known defect.
- After ordering a special/custom item online, you can change or cancel your order for 24 hours after ordering.
- Clearance items are sold as-is, and can’t be returned or exchanged.
- Installations – no returns or exchanges are accepted once the installation is complete.
- If an installation is or becomes defective, you can call the manufacturer and file a claim under the manufacturer’s warranty.
Important note: items that are being returned because of a defect must be returned within 30 days, after which you’ll have to contact the manufacturer for returns.
The following can be returned within 30 days of original purchase. A receipt is required to return each of these items.
- ice houses
- tree stands
Promotional discount items: if you are returning an item that was part of a promotional discount, the item’s discounted price will be deducted from the item’s original price, and you will receive the difference.
Free gift promotions: items that were given as a free gift are non-refundable, unless damaged or defective. If this is the case, the item can only be exchanged for a direct replacement.
How Long Do Returns Take?
If returning an item by mail, the refund can take 10 – 15 days to process. The company is usually consistent on the timeframe that you can expect before the return will be processed.